EU Wants Airline Manufacturers To Cut CO2 Emissions 40%
The European Commission says airline manufacturers should aim for 40 percent cuts in C02 emissions from present levels because of new technology available by 2015, Dow Jones reports
The target is part of the commission’s recently announced EUR1.6 billion public-private “Clean Sky” plan to help the air transport industry develop environmentally friendly technology for planes.
In addition to the 40 percent cut in CO2, the commission said it was aiming for a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions and a 50 percent reduction in noise.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento