EU Wants Airline Manufacturers To Cut CO2 Emissions 40%
The European Commission says airline manufacturers should aim for 40 percent cuts in C02 emissions from present levels because of new technology available by 2015, Dow Jones reports
The target is part of the commission’s recently announced EUR1.6 billion public-private “Clean Sky” plan to help the air transport industry develop environmentally friendly technology for planes.
In addition to the 40 percent cut in CO2, the commission said it was aiming for a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions and a 50 percent reduction in noise.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.