EU Wants Airline Manufacturers To Cut CO2 Emissions 40%
The European Commission says airline manufacturers should aim for 40 percent cuts in C02 emissions from present levels because of new technology available by 2015, Dow Jones reports
The target is part of the commission’s recently announced EUR1.6 billion public-private “Clean Sky” plan to help the air transport industry develop environmentally friendly technology for planes.
In addition to the 40 percent cut in CO2, the commission said it was aiming for a 60 percent cut in Nitrogen Oxide emissions and a 50 percent reduction in noise.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE