Nissan Releases Sustainability Report
In December, Nissan unveiled a new environmental action plan dubbed Nissan Green Program 2010.
The program includes:
- Incorporating CO2 reduction as one of the key management performance indicators.
- Launching a three-liter car with a target of 2010; a gasoline-fueled car that runs 100km on three liters of fuel.
- Expand availability of Flexible Fuel Vehicles (FFV) within the next three years.
- Launch Nissan electric vehicle early in the next decade.
- Develop Nissan’s original hybrid vehicle targeted for launch in FY2010.
- Accelerate development of plug-in hybrid technology.
- Reduce CO2 emissions from global manufacturing plants by seven percent compared to 2005 by 2010.
Nissan no longer publishes the sustainability report in print. Instead, the report is available for download from the company’s CSR website.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management