Nissan Releases Sustainability Report
In December, Nissan unveiled a new environmental action plan dubbed Nissan Green Program 2010.
The program includes:
- Incorporating CO2 reduction as one of the key management performance indicators.
- Launching a three-liter car with a target of 2010; a gasoline-fueled car that runs 100km on three liters of fuel.
- Expand availability of Flexible Fuel Vehicles (FFV) within the next three years.
- Launch Nissan electric vehicle early in the next decade.
- Develop Nissan’s original hybrid vehicle targeted for launch in FY2010.
- Accelerate development of plug-in hybrid technology.
- Reduce CO2 emissions from global manufacturing plants by seven percent compared to 2005 by 2010.
Nissan no longer publishes the sustainability report in print. Instead, the report is available for download from the company’s CSR website.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool