WM Acquires LampTracker, Expands Recycling Capabilities
Waste Management has acquired the LampTracker business, a provider of mail-back recycling for fluorescent lighting, from shareholders of Mercury Waste Solutions.
This business, which will be operated through Waste Management’s WM LampTracker subsidiary, will provide collection and recycling of fluorescent bulbs using integrated on-line tracking capability and a unique shipping container design. WM LampTracker also offers this service for the recycling of batteries, electronics and other wastes.
WM LampTracker uses a VaporLok foil bag that the company says is engineered to safely contain residual mercury vapors during the storage and transportation of fluorescent bulbs.
This Saturday, the company is teaming up with Wal-Mart stores, Supercenters and Sam’s Clubs across Rhode Island to host a fluorescent light bulb recycling day.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls