WM Acquires LampTracker, Expands Recycling Capabilities
Waste Management has acquired the LampTracker business, a provider of mail-back recycling for fluorescent lighting, from shareholders of Mercury Waste Solutions.
This business, which will be operated through Waste Management’s WM LampTracker subsidiary, will provide collection and recycling of fluorescent bulbs using integrated on-line tracking capability and a unique shipping container design. WM LampTracker also offers this service for the recycling of batteries, electronics and other wastes.
WM LampTracker uses a VaporLok foil bag that the company says is engineered to safely contain residual mercury vapors during the storage and transportation of fluorescent bulbs.
This Saturday, the company is teaming up with Wal-Mart stores, Supercenters and Sam’s Clubs across Rhode Island to host a fluorescent light bulb recycling day.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council