WM Acquires LampTracker, Expands Recycling Capabilities
Waste Management has acquired the LampTracker business, a provider of mail-back recycling for fluorescent lighting, from shareholders of Mercury Waste Solutions.
This business, which will be operated through Waste Management’s WM LampTracker subsidiary, will provide collection and recycling of fluorescent bulbs using integrated on-line tracking capability and a unique shipping container design. WM LampTracker also offers this service for the recycling of batteries, electronics and other wastes.
WM LampTracker uses a VaporLok foil bag that the company says is engineered to safely contain residual mercury vapors during the storage and transportation of fluorescent bulbs.
This Saturday, the company is teaming up with Wal-Mart stores, Supercenters and Sam’s Clubs across Rhode Island to host a fluorescent light bulb recycling day.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned