WM Acquires LampTracker, Expands Recycling Capabilities
Waste Management has acquired the LampTracker business, a provider of mail-back recycling for fluorescent lighting, from shareholders of Mercury Waste Solutions.
This business, which will be operated through Waste Management’s WM LampTracker subsidiary, will provide collection and recycling of fluorescent bulbs using integrated on-line tracking capability and a unique shipping container design. WM LampTracker also offers this service for the recycling of batteries, electronics and other wastes.
WM LampTracker uses a VaporLok foil bag that the company says is engineered to safely contain residual mercury vapors during the storage and transportation of fluorescent bulbs.
This Saturday, the company is teaming up with Wal-Mart stores, Supercenters and Sam’s Clubs across Rhode Island to host a fluorescent light bulb recycling day.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By Leeds
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento
- ORNL Building Efficiency Software Available as Open Source Code
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs