International Paper Creates ‘Office Of Sustainability’
International Paper has created an office of sustainability to focus its efforts around wood fiber, conservation, air, water, life-cycle analysis and other natural resources issues. The team’s work will include raising awareness of key sustainability issues, leading third-party certification and product labeling efforts, developing partnerships with stakeholders and implementing sustainability policies.
Dr. Sharon Haines is moving over from her position as director of sustainable forestry and forest policy to lead the office. She has been with International Paper for more than 30 years and has helped develop partnerships with conservation groups such as Environmental Defense, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, National Audobon Society and NatureServe.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B