International Paper Creates ‘Office Of Sustainability’
International Paper has created an office of sustainability to focus its efforts around wood fiber, conservation, air, water, life-cycle analysis and other natural resources issues. The team’s work will include raising awareness of key sustainability issues, leading third-party certification and product labeling efforts, developing partnerships with stakeholders and implementing sustainability policies.
Dr. Sharon Haines is moving over from her position as director of sustainable forestry and forest policy to lead the office. She has been with International Paper for more than 30 years and has helped develop partnerships with conservation groups such as Environmental Defense, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, National Audobon Society and NatureServe.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners