International Paper Creates ‘Office Of Sustainability’
International Paper has created an office of sustainability to focus its efforts around wood fiber, conservation, air, water, life-cycle analysis and other natural resources issues. The team’s work will include raising awareness of key sustainability issues, leading third-party certification and product labeling efforts, developing partnerships with stakeholders and implementing sustainability policies.
Dr. Sharon Haines is moving over from her position as director of sustainable forestry and forest policy to lead the office. She has been with International Paper for more than 30 years and has helped develop partnerships with conservation groups such as Environmental Defense, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, National Audobon Society and NatureServe.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark