International Paper Creates ‘Office Of Sustainability’
International Paper has created an office of sustainability to focus its efforts around wood fiber, conservation, air, water, life-cycle analysis and other natural resources issues. The team’s work will include raising awareness of key sustainability issues, leading third-party certification and product labeling efforts, developing partnerships with stakeholders and implementing sustainability policies.
Dr. Sharon Haines is moving over from her position as director of sustainable forestry and forest policy to lead the office. She has been with International Paper for more than 30 years and has helped develop partnerships with conservation groups such as Environmental Defense, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, National Audobon Society and NatureServe.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant