International Paper Creates ‘Office Of Sustainability’
International Paper has created an office of sustainability to focus its efforts around wood fiber, conservation, air, water, life-cycle analysis and other natural resources issues. The team’s work will include raising awareness of key sustainability issues, leading third-party certification and product labeling efforts, developing partnerships with stakeholders and implementing sustainability policies.
Dr. Sharon Haines is moving over from her position as director of sustainable forestry and forest policy to lead the office. She has been with International Paper for more than 30 years and has helped develop partnerships with conservation groups such as Environmental Defense, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, National Audobon Society and NatureServe.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry