Nokia, Vodafone Back Mobile Services Info Site For NGOs
Nokia and Vodafone have launched a new website designed to help share ideas on how to use mobile communications for social and environmental benefits. The site was created in direct response to NGO calls for better tools and information to help them use mobile services more effectively in their work, according to the companies.
Although initially created with support from Nokia and Vodafone, the site will be developed by a wide range of individuals and organizations interested in using mobile technology for social change. The wiki format means people can edit, update or comment on case studies and stories on the site, and add their own from wherever they are around the world.
Case studies are grouped into six key areas – civic engagement, economic empowerment, education, environment, health and safety, and humanitarian relief projects -? topics chosen after consultation with NGOs.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market