Teknion, Earthcycle Packaging, Mercer Among Globe Winners
Winners of the 6th annual Globe Awards for Environmental Excellence have been presented in four categories: Corporate Competitiveness, Technology Innovation and Application, Sustainable Investment and Banking, and Excellence in Urban Sustainability.
Teknion, a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of office systems won for the Corporate Competitiveness Award. Two-year-old, Vancouver-based Earthcycle Packaging was announced the winner of the Award for Technology Innovation and Application. The Capital Markets Award for Sustainable Investment and Banking was awarded to Mercer Investment Consulting. The Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority was announced the winner of the Award for Excellence in Urban Sustainability for its Vancouver Transit Centre.
Other 2007 GLOBE Awards for Environmental Excellence finalists included Vancity Group; AMEC; Home Depot; Remsoft Inc.; EnviroTower Inc.; Innovest Strategic Value Advisors; Yachnin & Associates and Sustainable Investment Group Ltd.; HOK; and Diamond and Schmitt Architects Incorporated.
More information on this year’s winners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council