Teknion, Earthcycle Packaging, Mercer Among Globe Winners
Winners of the 6th annual Globe Awards for Environmental Excellence have been presented in four categories: Corporate Competitiveness, Technology Innovation and Application, Sustainable Investment and Banking, and Excellence in Urban Sustainability.
Teknion, a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of office systems won for the Corporate Competitiveness Award. Two-year-old, Vancouver-based Earthcycle Packaging was announced the winner of the Award for Technology Innovation and Application. The Capital Markets Award for Sustainable Investment and Banking was awarded to Mercer Investment Consulting. The Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority was announced the winner of the Award for Excellence in Urban Sustainability for its Vancouver Transit Centre.
Other 2007 GLOBE Awards for Environmental Excellence finalists included Vancity Group; AMEC; Home Depot; Remsoft Inc.; EnviroTower Inc.; Innovest Strategic Value Advisors; Yachnin & Associates and Sustainable Investment Group Ltd.; HOK; and Diamond and Schmitt Architects Incorporated.
More information on this year’s winners.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics