San Francisco Bans Bottled Water At City Offices
The ban will take effect July 1 and extend to all city and county water coolers by Dec. 1.
More than 40 million gallons of oil are needed to make the plastic water bottles Americans purchase each year, according to data cited in the mayor’s announcement. The news release also cites the environmental effect of transporting and disposing of the bottles, more than a billion of which end up in California’s landfills each year.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds