San Francisco Bans Bottled Water At City Offices
The ban will take effect July 1 and extend to all city and county water coolers by Dec. 1.
More than 40 million gallons of oil are needed to make the plastic water bottles Americans purchase each year, according to data cited in the mayor’s announcement. The news release also cites the environmental effect of transporting and disposing of the bottles, more than a billion of which end up in California’s landfills each year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B