San Francisco Bans Bottled Water At City Offices
The ban will take effect July 1 and extend to all city and county water coolers by Dec. 1.
More than 40 million gallons of oil are needed to make the plastic water bottles Americans purchase each year, according to data cited in the mayor’s announcement. The news release also cites the environmental effect of transporting and disposing of the bottles, more than a billion of which end up in California’s landfills each year.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation