San Francisco Bans Bottled Water At City Offices
The ban will take effect July 1 and extend to all city and county water coolers by Dec. 1.
More than 40 million gallons of oil are needed to make the plastic water bottles Americans purchase each year, according to data cited in the mayor’s announcement. The news release also cites the environmental effect of transporting and disposing of the bottles, more than a billion of which end up in California’s landfills each year.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store