Xcel Plans 100-Megawatt Minnesota Wind Farm
Xcel Energy has asked Minnesota regulators for permission to build and own a 100-megawatt wind farm near Austin, Minn. The proposed Grand Meadow Wind Farm would be operational by the end of 2008.
Xcel Energy has contracted with enXco to build the 100-megawatt wind farm on a site under development by enXco. The project is expected to consist of 67, 1.5-megawatt wind turbines on approximately 40 square miles. enXco filed a separate site permit for the wind farm, which is capable of supporting up to 200 megawatts of wind generation, the balance of which could also be used to meet Minnesota’s energy needs.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action