Xcel Plans 100-Megawatt Minnesota Wind Farm
Xcel Energy has asked Minnesota regulators for permission to build and own a 100-megawatt wind farm near Austin, Minn. The proposed Grand Meadow Wind Farm would be operational by the end of 2008.
Xcel Energy has contracted with enXco to build the 100-megawatt wind farm on a site under development by enXco. The project is expected to consist of 67, 1.5-megawatt wind turbines on approximately 40 square miles. enXco filed a separate site permit for the wind farm, which is capable of supporting up to 200 megawatts of wind generation, the balance of which could also be used to meet Minnesota’s energy needs.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners