Xcel Plans 100-Megawatt Minnesota Wind Farm
Xcel Energy has asked Minnesota regulators for permission to build and own a 100-megawatt wind farm near Austin, Minn. The proposed Grand Meadow Wind Farm would be operational by the end of 2008.
Xcel Energy has contracted with enXco¬†to build the 100-megawatt wind farm on a site under development by enXco. The project is expected to consist of 67, 1.5-megawatt wind turbines on approximately 40 square miles. enXco filed a separate site permit for the wind farm, which is capable of supporting up to 200 megawatts of wind generation, the balance of which could also be used to meet Minnesota’s energy needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System