Qantas To Offer Travellers Way To Offset Emissions
Kella did not provide details but said options on the table included enabling fliers to donate to a Clean-Up Australia tree-planting scheme.
Kella said that market research shows strong interest in an offset program but admitted that “how that translates into actual uptake is anyone’s guess.”
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
The city of Denver is considering kiosks at DIA where travelers can buy carbon offsets.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV