Qantas To Offer Travellers Way To Offset Emissions
Kella did not provide details but said options on the table included enabling fliers to donate to a Clean-Up Australia tree-planting scheme.
Kella said that market research shows strong interest in an offset program but admitted that “how that translates into actual uptake is anyone’s guess.”
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
The city of Denver is considering kiosks at DIA where travelers can buy carbon offsets.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store