Qantas To Offer Travellers Way To Offset Emissions
Kella did not provide details but said options on the table included enabling fliers to donate to a Clean-Up Australia tree-planting scheme.
Kella said that market research shows strong interest in an offset program but admitted that “how that translates into actual uptake is anyone’s guess.”
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
The city of Denver is consideringÂ kiosks at DIA where travelers can buy carbon offsets.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses