Qantas To Offer Travellers Way To Offset Emissions
Kella did not provide details but said options on the table included enabling fliers to donate to a Clean-Up Australia tree-planting scheme.
Kella said that market research shows strong interest in an offset program but admitted that “how that translates into actual uptake is anyone’s guess.”
Delta recently became the first U.S. airline to offer consumers a similar option.
British Airways has taken some heat for not putting enough marketing muscle behind its voluntary program.
The city of Denver is considering kiosks at DIA where travelers can buy carbon offsets.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense