RBC, Alcan, Vancity Named Canada’s Top Corporate Citizens
Corporate Knights has released its list of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.
This year’s top ranked companies:
The top ranked company was Royal Bank of Canada which distinguished itself through strong performance on the core baseline indicators (met 100 percent of its statutory tax obligation paying $6.136 billion of cash tax over the past three years) and also excelled relative to its sector counterparts in sustainable finance with executed financial mandates of $5 billion for alternative energy projects since 2003, including 26 wind farms in North America, U.K., France and the Republic of Ireland and one gigawatt worth of green power projects in Europe in 2005.
The number two ranked company was Alcan, which knocked down its Canadian absolute greenhouse gases by 30 percent since 1990, while increasing production by 50 percent, through energy efficiency programs and applying smelting technology to put the squeeze on PFCs.
Vancouver City Savings took third overall because of its targeted socially responsible investment offerings, in which its members and clients have invested $450 million. Vancity also offers Clean Air Auto Loan, a personal loan of up to $35,000 on the purchase of a new vehicle with interest rates that allow borrowers to save up to $3,000 over five years.
Here’s the complete list.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier