Union Bank Launches Green Loan Program
Union Bank of California has launched a green loan program offering consumer loan applicants who purchase environmentally-friendly products a 0.25 percent interest rate discount on vehicle and home equity loans.
The program offers the bank’s retail clients and employees the discount with the purchase of new or used vehicles that run on alternative power sources other than petroleum (hybrid or electric). In addition, the discount interest rate applies to home equity fixed-rate loans to consumers purchasing energy-efficient upgrades for their homes.
Recently, the bank provided funding for SOLARA in San Diego County, the first solar-powered apartment community in California to be fully powered by the sun.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls