Union Bank Launches Green Loan Program
Union Bank of California has launched a green loan program offering consumer loan applicants who purchase environmentally-friendly products a 0.25 percent interest rate discount on vehicle and home equity loans.
The program offers the bank’s retail clients and employees the discount with the purchase of new or used vehicles that run on alternative power sources other than petroleum (hybrid or electric). In addition, the discount interest rate applies to home equity fixed-rate loans to consumers purchasing energy-efficient upgrades for their homes.
Recently, the bank provided funding for SOLARA in San Diego County, the first solar-powered apartment community in California to be fully powered by the sun.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike