Union Bank Launches Green Loan Program
Union Bank of California has launched a green loan program offering consumer loan applicants who purchase environmentally-friendly products a 0.25 percent interest rate discount on vehicle and home equity loans.
The program offers the bank’s retail clients and employees the discount with the purchase of new or used vehicles that run on alternative power sources other than petroleum (hybrid or electric). In addition, the discount interest rate applies to home equity fixed-rate loans to consumers purchasing energy-efficient upgrades for their homes.
Recently, the bank provided funding for SOLARA in San Diego County, the first solar-powered apartment community in California to be fully powered by the sun.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years