Union Bank Launches Green Loan Program
Union Bank of California has launched a green loan program offering consumer loan applicants who purchase environmentally-friendly products a 0.25 percent interest rate discount on vehicle and home equity loans.
The program offers the bank’s retail clients and employees the discount with the purchase of new or used vehicles that run on alternative power sources other than petroleum (hybrid or electric). In addition, the discount interest rate applies to home equity fixed-rate loans to consumers purchasing energy-efficient upgrades for their homes.
Recently, the bank provided funding for SOLARA in San Diego County, the first solar-powered apartment community in California to be fully powered by the sun.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE