Vodafone Releases CSR Report
Vodafone has released its corporate responsibility report.
The network carbon dioxide emissions per unit of data transmitted has reduced by 29 percent. Total energy use increased by six percent. Vodafone says it has challenged suppliers to improve the energy efficiency of its network equipment – in the past year, a 25 percent improvement has been achieved.
Network energy carbon dioxide emissions per MB traffic in the 2007 financial year were reduced 32 percent.
The number of phones collected for reuse and recycling from the 2005 financial year increased 59 percent. Ninety-seven percent of network equipment waste was recycled.
Nokia and Vodafone recently launched a website designed to help NGOs share ideas on how to use mobile communications for social and environmental benefits.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store