Vodafone Releases CSR Report
Vodafone has released its corporate responsibility report.
The network carbon dioxide emissions per unit of data transmitted has reduced by 29 percent. Total energy use increased by six percent. Vodafone says it has challenged suppliers to improve the energy efficiency of its network equipment – in the past year, a 25 percent improvement has been achieved.
Network energy carbon dioxide emissions per MB traffic in the 2007 financial year were reduced 32 percent.
The number of phones collected for reuse and recycling from the 2005 financial year increased 59 percent. Ninety-seven percent of network equipment waste was recycled.
Nokia and Vodafone recently launched a website designed to help NGOs share ideas on how to use mobile communications for social and environmental benefits.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment