Vodafone Releases CSR Report
Vodafone has released its corporate responsibility report.
The network carbon dioxide emissions per unit of data transmitted has reduced by 29 percent. Total energy use increased by six percent. Vodafone says it has challenged suppliers to improve the energy efficiency of its network equipment – in the past year, a 25 percent improvement has been achieved.
Network energy carbon dioxide emissions per MB traffic in the 2007 financial year were reduced 32 percent.
The number of phones collected for reuse and recycling from the 2005 financial year increased 59 percent. Ninety-seven percent of network equipment waste was recycled.
Nokia and Vodafone recently launched a website designed to help NGOs share ideas on how to use mobile communications for social and environmental benefits.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency