TNT Express Discusses Strategy To Combat Climate Change
Speaking at the CSR Summit in Dubai, Mike Patrick, Director of CSR, TNT Express said that there is a need for regional corporations to implement and integrate a sustainable and environmental stewardship program into their CSR strategy to combat climate change, AME Info reports.
Patrick said that the B2B delivery company’s main target is to reduce CO2 emissions by developing eco-friendly products, vehicles and buildings, cutting down on business travel by 30 percent, and developing a sustainable aviation strategy.
TNT has already, according to Patrick, taken steps to implement the International Environmental Management certificate, ISO 14001, in each of its locations by end of 2007, which in some countries has already reduced paper costs by 80 percent, electricity costs by 15 percent and recycling costs by 10 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike