TNT Express Discusses Strategy To Combat Climate Change
Speaking at the CSR Summit in Dubai, Mike Patrick, Director of CSR, TNT Express said that there is a need for regional corporations to implement and integrate a sustainable and environmental stewardship program into their CSR strategy to combat climate change, AME Info reports.
Patrick said that the B2B delivery company’s main target is to reduce CO2 emissions by developing eco-friendly products, vehicles and buildings, cutting down on business travel by 30 percent, and developing a sustainable aviation strategy.
TNT has already, according to Patrick, taken steps to implement the International Environmental Management certificate, ISO 14001, in each of its locations by end of 2007, which in some countries has already reduced paper costs by 80 percent, electricity costs by 15 percent and recycling costs by 10 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters