Owens Corning Introduces Commercial Energy Calculator
Owens Corning has introduced a commercial energy calculator that Owens says demonstrates how improving the performance of the envelope and/or lighting and HVAC systems can help a metal building owner qualify for tax deductions. It also estimates the payback period for any combination of thermal efficiency measures within the metal building.
The calculator collects building information such as location, size, roof type, space conditioning category, and window areas. After entering the information, the Commercial Energy Calculator develops a baseline building snapshot of the minimum envelope, lighting and HVAC requirements.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries