Owens Corning Introduces Commercial Energy Calculator
Owens Corning has introduced a commercial energy calculator that Owens says demonstrates how improving the performance of the envelope and/or lighting and HVAC systems can help a metal building owner qualify for tax deductions. It also estimates the payback period for any combination of thermal efficiency measures within the metal building.
The calculator collects building information such as location, size, roof type, space conditioning category, and window areas. After entering the information, the Commercial Energy Calculator develops a baseline building snapshot of the minimum envelope, lighting and HVAC requirements.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland