VeriSign Sponsors Live Earth, Esurance Offsets Concert-Goers Emissions
VeriSign has been named “wireless messaging platform partner” of Live Earth. Concert viewers can text a key word pertaining to one of six areas of their lives in which they want to make a change (home, job, shop, ride, share, and lead). In return they will receive a message back confirming their commitment, and giving them a solution to apply to their daily lives.
A second message will invite people to publicly join in the movement by responding with their first name, last initial and city which will then be posted on screens at the various concert venues through a VeriSign-enabled text2screen feature.
In other Live Earth news, Esurance, an online auto insurance provider and subsidiary of White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd., has announced its plans to offset the carbon dioxide emissions of those driving to the Live Earth concert in New Jersey on July 7, North American Wind Power reports.
The day of the event, concert-goers who drive to Live Earth in New Jersey will be directed to www.esurance.com/sos to enter their mileage to and from the venue. After collecting this information over a two-week period, Esurance will purchase an amount of CO2 offsets from NativeEnergy to carbon-neutralize the reported travel.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE