VeriSign Sponsors Live Earth, Esurance Offsets Concert-Goers Emissions
VeriSign has been named “wireless messaging platform partner” of Live Earth. Concert viewers can text a key word pertaining to one of six areas of their lives in which they want to make a change (home, job, shop, ride, share, and lead). In return they will receive a message back confirming their commitment, and giving them a solution to apply to their daily lives.
A second message will invite people to publicly join in the movement by responding with their first name, last initial and city which will then be posted on screens at the various concert venues through a VeriSign-enabled text2screen feature.
In other Live Earth news, Esurance, an online auto insurance provider and subsidiary of White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd., has announced its plans to offset the carbon dioxide emissions of those driving to the Live Earth concert in New Jersey on July 7, North American Wind Power reports.
The day of the event, concert-goers who drive to Live Earth in New Jersey will be directed to www.esurance.com/sos to enter their mileage to and from the venue. After collecting this information over a two-week period, Esurance will purchase an amount of CO2 offsets from NativeEnergy to carbon-neutralize the reported travel.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners