Georgia-Pacific Gets SFI Certification
Forty market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business have earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification and are authorized to use the SFI Certified Sourcing product label, Material Handling Management reports.
To earn the use of the SFI-certified product label, two-thirds of a company’s packaging raw material must originate from mills with third party certified wood and fiber sourcing systems or recycled paper sources.
“The SFI label illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable packaging practices,” said Brian Reilly, senior director -? marketing and business development. “With this label, customers, retailers and consumers can easily identify SFI certified packaging.”
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains