Georgia-Pacific Gets SFI Certification
Forty market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business have earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification and are authorized to use the SFI Certified Sourcing product label, Material Handling Management reports.
To earn the use of the SFI-certified product label, two-thirds of a company’s packaging raw material must originate from mills with third party certified wood and fiber sourcing systems or recycled paper sources.
“The SFI label illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable packaging practices,” said Brian Reilly, senior director -? marketing and business development. “With this label, customers, retailers and consumers can easily identify SFI certified packaging.”
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look