Georgia-Pacific Gets SFI Certification
Forty market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business have earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification and are authorized to use the SFI Certified Sourcing product label, Material Handling Management reports.
To earn the use of the SFI-certified product label, two-thirds of a company’s packaging raw material must originate from mills with third party certified wood and fiber sourcing systems or recycled paper sources.
“The SFI label illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable packaging practices,” said Brian Reilly, senior director -? marketing and business development. “With this label, customers, retailers and consumers can easily identify SFI certified packaging.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries