Georgia-Pacific Gets SFI Certification
Forty market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business have earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification and are authorized to use the SFI Certified Sourcing product label, Material Handling Management reports.
To earn the use of the SFI-certified product label, two-thirds of a company’s packaging raw material must originate from mills with third party certified wood and fiber sourcing systems or recycled paper sources.
“The SFI label illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable packaging practices,” said Brian Reilly, senior director -? marketing and business development. “With this label, customers, retailers and consumers can easily identify SFI certified packaging.”
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate