Georgia-Pacific Gets SFI Certification
Forty market-selected corrugated box manufacturing operations in Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business have earned Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification and are authorized to use the SFI Certified Sourcing product label, Material Handling Management reports.
To earn the use of the SFI-certified product label, two-thirds of a company’s packaging raw material must originate from mills with third party certified wood and fiber sourcing systems or recycled paper sources.
“The SFI label illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable packaging practices,” said Brian Reilly, senior director -? marketing and business development. “With this label, customers, retailers and consumers can easily identify SFI certified packaging.”
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working