Green Transportation Company Bans Employees From Biking To Work
Jacobs Engineering Group, A UK firm which, among other services, advises on green transport, has sent an email to employees banning them from biking to work and advising them to drive or use public transportation instead to avoid accidents, BBC reports.
On its website, Jacobs states: “In the area of cycling, we can offer expert resources at every stage from cycle policy and promotion through to the detailed design and implementation of cycle schemes.”
Jacobs advises Transport for London on sustainable transport. One London Assembly member, who advises the mayor on green transport, said TfL should consider cancelling its contracts with Jacobs. “It is hypocritical to offer advice on promoting cycling, but at the same time ban your staff from using bikes,” she said.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves