Green Transportation Company Bans Employees From Biking To Work
Jacobs Engineering Group, A UK firm which, among other services,Â advises on green transport, has sent an email to employees banning them fromÂ biking to workÂ and advising them to drive or use public transportation instead to avoid accidents, BBC reports.
On its website, Jacobs states: “In the area of cycling, we can offer expert resources at every stage from cycle policy and promotion through to the detailed design and implementation of cycle schemes.”
Jacobs advises Transport for London on sustainable transport. One London Assembly member, who advises the mayor on green transport, said TfL should consider cancelling its contracts with Jacobs. “It is hypocritical to offer advice on promoting cycling, but at the same time ban your staff from using bikes,” she said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses