Green Transportation Company Bans Employees From Biking To Work
Jacobs Engineering Group, A UK firm which, among other services, advises on green transport, has sent an email to employees banning them from biking to work and advising them to drive or use public transportation instead to avoid accidents, BBC reports.
On its website, Jacobs states: “In the area of cycling, we can offer expert resources at every stage from cycle policy and promotion through to the detailed design and implementation of cycle schemes.”
Jacobs advises Transport for London on sustainable transport. One London Assembly member, who advises the mayor on green transport, said TfL should consider cancelling its contracts with Jacobs. “It is hypocritical to offer advice on promoting cycling, but at the same time ban your staff from using bikes,” she said.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures