Green Transportation Company Bans Employees From Biking To Work
Jacobs Engineering Group, A UK firm which, among other services, advises on green transport, has sent an email to employees banning them from biking to work and advising them to drive or use public transportation instead to avoid accidents, BBC reports.
On its website, Jacobs states: “In the area of cycling, we can offer expert resources at every stage from cycle policy and promotion through to the detailed design and implementation of cycle schemes.”
Jacobs advises Transport for London on sustainable transport. One London Assembly member, who advises the mayor on green transport, said TfL should consider cancelling its contracts with Jacobs. “It is hypocritical to offer advice on promoting cycling, but at the same time ban your staff from using bikes,” she said.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment