Honeywell’s UOP Developing Bio-Jet Fuel For Military
The research is backed by an investment of $6.7 million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, UOP will develop and commercialize a process to produce Jet Propellant 8 used by U.S. and NATO militaries.
UOP will work with Honeywell Aerospace, Cargill, Arizona State University, Sandia National Laboratories and Southwest Research Institute on the project.
Last year, DARPA awarded The Energy & Environmental Research Center $5 million to develop and demonstrate a new domestic bio-jet fuel with the specifications of JP-8.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners