Philips Launches ‘A Simple Switch’ Campaign
Philips has launched asimpleswitch.com, a consumer campaign highlighting solutions for reducing energy consumption.
By partnering with The Alliance for Climate Protection and the global Live Earth concerts on July 7th 2007, Philips aims to touch more than two billion people. Visitors to the Live Earth concerts and the Live Earth and MSN websites will be invited to record a personal ‘simple switch’ pledge either online or via SMS. Philips will track these collective pledges to change to energy efficient lighting and calculate the resulting energy and costs savings on the asimpleswitch.com website.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity