Philips Launches ‘A Simple Switch’ Campaign
Philips has launched asimpleswitch.com, a consumer campaign highlighting solutions for reducing energy consumption.
By partnering with The Alliance for Climate Protection and the global Live Earth concerts on July 7th 2007, Philips aims to touch more than two billion people. Visitors to the Live Earth concerts and the Live Earth and MSN websites will be invited to record a personal ‘simple switch’ pledge either online or via SMS. Philips will track these collective pledges to change to energy efficient lighting and calculate the resulting energy and costs savings on the asimpleswitch.com website.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland