Solar-Powered AISO Hosts Live Earth Web Sites
The company installed 14 IBM BladeCenter servers powered by AMD Opteron dual-core processors to host the sites. Because these are the first Live Earth concerts, organizers have no idea how much traffic to expect at the Web sites.
Affordable Internet also has installed solar tubes, shafts that run from the roof of a building to the ceiling in a room, to light the data center’s interior. The company recently installed a green roof.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B