Solar-Powered AISO Hosts Live Earth Web Sites
The company installed 14 IBM BladeCenter servers powered by AMD Opteron dual-core processors to host the sites. Because these are the first Live Earth concerts, organizers have no idea how much traffic to expect at the Web sites.
Affordable Internet also has installed solar tubes, shafts that run from the roof of a building to the ceiling in a room, to light the data center’s interior. The company recently installed a green roof.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform