Solar-Powered AISO Hosts Live Earth Web Sites
The company installed 14 IBM BladeCenter servers powered by AMD Opteron dual-core processors to host the sites. Because these are the first Live Earth concerts, organizers have no idea how much traffic to expect at the Web sites.
Affordable Internet also has installed solar tubes, shafts that run from the roof of a building to the ceiling in a room, to light the data center’s interior. The company recently installed a green roof.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers