Solar-Powered AISO Hosts Live Earth Web Sites
The company installed 14 IBM BladeCenter servers powered by AMD Opteron dual-core processors to host the sites. Because these are the first Live Earth concerts, organizers have no idea how much traffic to expect at the Web sites.
Affordable Internet also has installed solar tubes, shafts that run from the roof of a building to the ceiling in a room, to light the data center’s interior. The company recently installed a green roof.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market