Boeing Touts Green Advantages Of Dreamliner
Boeing says its newly unveiled “green” 787 Dreamliner aircraft will use 20 percent less fuel per passenger than similarly-sized aircraft, will produce fewer carbon emissions and will have quieter take-offs and landings, Sky News reports.
Forty-six customers worldwide have ordered 642 Dreamliners. Customers include Virgin Atlantic, which has ordered 15 Dreamliners. Virgin and Boeing announced an environmental partnership earlier this year.
The Hodgkinson Group recently released a report, “Strategies for Airlines on Aircraft Emissions and Climate Change: Sustainable, Long-Term Solutions,” that evaluates possible strategies for airlines on aircraft emissions and climate change, including emissions trading.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners