Boeing Touts Green Advantages Of Dreamliner
Boeing says its newly unveiled “green” 787 Dreamliner aircraft will use 20 percent less fuel per passenger than similarly-sized aircraft, will produce fewer carbon emissions and will have quieter take-offs and landings, Sky News reports.
Forty-six customers worldwide have ordered 642 Dreamliners. Customers include Virgin Atlantic, which has ordered 15 Dreamliners. Virgin and Boeing announced an environmental partnership earlier this year.
The Hodgkinson Group recently released a report, “Strategies for Airlines on Aircraft Emissions and Climate Change: Sustainable, Long-Term Solutions,” that evaluates possible strategies for airlines on aircraft emissions and climate change, including emissions trading.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra