Boeing Touts Green Advantages Of Dreamliner
Boeing says its newly unveiled “green” 787 Dreamliner aircraft will use 20 percent less fuel per passenger than similarly-sized aircraft, will produce fewer carbon emissions and will have quieter take-offs and landings, Sky News reports.
Forty-six customers worldwide have ordered 642 Dreamliners. Customers include Virgin Atlantic, which has ordered 15 Dreamliners. Virgin and Boeing announced an environmental partnership earlier this year.
The Hodgkinson Group recently released a report, “Strategies for Airlines on Aircraft Emissions and Climate Change: Sustainable, Long-Term Solutions,” that evaluates possible strategies for airlines on aircraft emissions and climate change, including emissions trading.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years