Cleantech To Build World’s Largest Solar Power Plant In California
The 80-megawatt farm is to occupy as much as 640 acres and, upon completion in 2011, will be 17 times the size of the largest U.S. solar farm, about seven times the size of the world’s biggest plant, and double the largest planned farm – both in Germany.
Cleantech plans to sell the solar-generated power – enough for almost 21,000 homes – to the Kings River Conservation District.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables