Cleantech To Build World’s Largest Solar Power Plant In California
The 80-megawatt farm is to occupy as much as 640 acres and, upon completion in 2011, will be 17 times the size of the largest U.S. solar farm, about seven times the size of the world’s biggest plant, and double the largest planned farm – both in Germany.
Cleantech plans to sell the solar-generated power – enough for almost 21,000 homes – to the Kings River Conservation District.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV