Cleantech To Build World’s Largest Solar Power Plant In California
The 80-megawatt farm is to occupy as much as 640 acres and, upon completion in 2011, will be 17 times the size of the largest U.S. solar farm, about seven times the size of the world’s biggest plant, and double the largest planned farm – both in Germany.
Cleantech plans to sell the solar-generated power – enough for almost 21,000 homes – to the Kings River Conservation District.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation