Cleantech To Build World’s Largest Solar Power Plant In California
The 80-megawatt farm is to occupy as much as 640 acres and, upon completion in 2011, will be 17 times the size of the largest U.S. solar farm, about seven times the size of the world’s biggest plant, and double the largest planned farm – both in Germany.
Cleantech plans to sell the solar-generated power – enough for almost 21,000 homes – to the Kings River Conservation District.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid