Cleantech To Build World’s Largest Solar Power Plant In California
The 80-megawatt farm is to occupy as much as 640 acres and, upon completion in 2011, will be 17 times the size of the largest U.S. solar farm, about seven times the size of the world’s biggest plant, and double the largest planned farm – both in Germany.
Cleantech plans to sell the solar-generated power – enough for almost 21,000 homes – to the Kings River Conservation District.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.