Staples Details Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
According to the report, in 2006, Staples doubled the purchase of clean renewable energy to 20 percent of U.S. electricity consumption and installed nine rooftop solar systems.
The company says it sells more than 2,900 different products with recycled content and is recycling nearly 18 million ink and toner cartridges from customers.
In May, Staples became the first national retailer to offer everyday-in-store recycling for computers and other office technology.
In January, the company unveiled a 433-kilowatt DC commercial solar photovoltaic system at its 300,000-square-foot retail distribution center in Killingly, Connecticut.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor