Staples Details Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
According to the report, in 2006, Staples doubled the purchase of clean renewable energy to 20 percent of U.S. electricity consumption and installed nine rooftop solar systems.
The company says it sells more than 2,900 different products with recycled content and is recycling nearly 18 million ink and toner cartridges from customers.
In May, Staples became the first national retailer to offer everyday-in-store recycling for computers and other office technology.
In January, the company unveiled a 433-kilowatt DC commercial solar photovoltaic system at its 300,000-square-foot retail distribution center in Killingly, Connecticut.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs