Staples Details Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
According to the report, in 2006, Staples doubled the purchase of clean renewable energy to 20 percent of U.S. electricity consumption and installed nine rooftop solar systems.
The company says it sells more than 2,900 different products with recycled content and is recycling nearly 18 million ink and toner cartridges from customers.
In May, Staples became the first national retailer to offer everyday-in-store recycling for computers and other office technology.
In January, the company unveiled a 433-kilowatt DC commercial solar photovoltaic system at its 300,000-square-foot retail distribution center in Killingly, Connecticut.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.