Staples Details Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
According to the report, in 2006, Staples doubled the purchase of clean renewable energy to 20 percent of U.S. electricity consumption and installed nine rooftop solar systems.
The company says it sells more than 2,900 different products with recycled content and is recycling nearly 18 million ink and toner cartridges from customers.
In May, Staples became the first national retailer to offer everyday-in-store recycling for computers and other office technology.
In January, the company unveiled a 433-kilowatt DC commercial solar photovoltaic system at its 300,000-square-foot retail distribution center in Killingly, Connecticut.
Energy Manager News
- Power Over Ethernet: A Smart Power Option for Smart Buildings
- Seminole County Sports Complex Moves to LEDs
- GlacialPower Intros LED Driver
- The Hunt for Reforming Energy Markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals