Staples Details Corporate Responsibility Initiatives
According to the report, in 2006, Staples doubled the purchase of clean renewable energy to 20 percent of U.S. electricity consumption and installed nine rooftop solar systems.
The company says it sells more than 2,900 different products with recycled content and is recycling nearly 18 million ink and toner cartridges from customers.
In May, Staples became the first national retailer to offer everyday-in-store recycling for computers and other office technology.
In January, the company unveiled a 433-kilowatt DC commercial solar photovoltaic system at its 300,000-square-foot retail distribution center in Killingly, Connecticut.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working