Wal-Mart’s In-Store Pickup Saves 20,000 Boxes Per Month
Wal-Mart has completed the final phase of its ‘Site to Store’ rollout to more than 3,300 stores across the country. The service, which Wal-Mart launched in March, allows customers to order products online and have them shipped for free to a local Wal-Mart store.
As a result of transportation and packaging efficiencies, the company says that 1,000 gallons of gasoline are saved each week and 20,000 fewer boxes are used each month.
Since March, approximately one-third of all Walmart.com sales have been placed through the program.
Energy Manager News
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings
- Tesla Unveils Powerwall Stationary Energy Storage
- Cargill, Black & Veatch, EnerNOC Work with Tesla on Energy Storage
- Orion Energy Systems Wins LED Retrofit with VA
- UL to Open California Facility
- Hand Dryer Uses 950 Watts
- Ameresco Wins 18 MW Solar Contract for Fort Detrick
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry