Mohawk Offsets 100% Of Electric Power
Mohawk Fine Papers has begun offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Mohawk joins companies like PepsiCo, Whole Foods Market, and the U.S. EPA who offset 100 percent of their purchased electricity use with renewable energy sources.
This move follows a May 2007 announcement in which the company began moving toward carbon neutral production by making its premium paper lines, including Strathmore, carbon neutral within its production process.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform