Mohawk Offsets 100% Of Electric Power
Mohawk Fine Papers has begun offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Mohawk joins companies like PepsiCo, Whole Foods Market, and the U.S. EPA who offset 100 percent of their purchased electricity use with renewable energy sources.
This move follows a May 2007 announcement in which the company began moving toward carbon neutral production by making its premium paper lines, including Strathmore, carbon neutral within its production process.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE