Mohawk Offsets 100% Of Electric Power
Mohawk Fine Papers has begun offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Mohawk joins companies like PepsiCo, Whole Foods Market, and the U.S. EPA who offset 100 percent of their purchased electricity use with renewable energy sources.
This move follows a May 2007 announcement in which the company began moving toward carbon neutral production by making its premium paper lines, including Strathmore, carbon neutral within its production process.
Energy Manager News
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings
- Tesla Unveils Powerwall Stationary Energy Storage
- Cargill, Black & Veatch, EnerNOC Work with Tesla on Energy Storage
- Orion Energy Systems Wins LED Retrofit with VA
- UL to Open California Facility
- Hand Dryer Uses 950 Watts
- Ameresco Wins 18 MW Solar Contract for Fort Detrick
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry