Mohawk Offsets 100% Of Electric Power
Mohawk Fine Papers has begun offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Mohawk joins companies like PepsiCo, Whole Foods Market, and the U.S. EPA who offset 100 percent of their purchased electricity use with renewable energy sources.
This move follows a May 2007 announcement in which the company began moving toward carbon neutral production by making its premium paper lines, including Strathmore, carbon neutral within its production process.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store