Mohawk Offsets 100% Of Electric Power
Mohawk Fine Papers has begun offsetting 100 percent of the annual electric power consumption across all its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates.
Mohawk joins companies like PepsiCo, Whole Foods Market, and the U.S. EPA who offset 100 percent of their purchased electricity use with renewable energy sources.
This move follows a May 2007 announcement in which the company began moving toward carbon neutral production by making its premium paper lines, including Strathmore, carbon neutral within its production process.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform