Weyerhaeuser Releases Sustainability Report
Forest products company Weyerhaeuser has released its latest sustainability report.
The company says it has made measurable progress toward its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2020 using a 2000 baseline.
Other items from the report:
The announcement of a biofuels alliance with Chevron to assess the feasibility of commercializing biofuel production from cellulose-based sources.
Nearly 90 percent of Weyerhaeuser’s North American products come from sources meeting third-party certified sustainable wood procurement or forest management standards.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market