Weyerhaeuser Releases Sustainability Report
Forest products company Weyerhaeuser has released its latest sustainability report.
The company says it has made measurable progress toward its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2020 using a 2000 baseline.
Other items from the report:
The announcement of a biofuels alliance with Chevron to assess the feasibility of commercializing biofuel production from cellulose-based sources.
Nearly 90 percent of Weyerhaeuser’s North American products come from sources meeting third-party certified sustainable wood procurement or forest management standards.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned