Weyerhaeuser Releases Sustainability Report
Forest products company Weyerhaeuser has released its latest sustainability report.
The company says it has made measurable progress toward its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2020 using a 2000 baseline.
Other items from the report:
The announcement of a biofuels alliance with Chevron to assess the feasibility of commercializing biofuel production from cellulose-based sources.
Nearly 90 percent of Weyerhaeuser’s North American products come from sources meeting third-party certified sustainable wood procurement or forest management standards.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses