Weyerhaeuser Releases Sustainability Report
Forest products company Weyerhaeuser has released its latest sustainability report.
The company says it has made measurable progress toward its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2020 using a 2000 baseline.
Other items from the report:
The announcement of a biofuels alliance with Chevron to assess the feasibility of commercializing biofuel production from cellulose-based sources.
Nearly 90 percent of Weyerhaeuser’s North American products come from sources meeting third-party certified sustainable wood procurement or forest management standards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- New Wind Farm to Sell Power to Hawaii County Department of Water Supply
- Hybrid Gensets Can Help Solve a Big Problem for the Mining Industry
- Commercial Property Energy Use Down in San Francisco
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming