Weyerhaeuser Releases Sustainability Report
Forest products company Weyerhaeuser has released its latest sustainability report.
The company says it has made measurable progress toward its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent by 2020 using a 2000 baseline.
Other items from the report:
The announcement of a biofuels alliance with Chevron to assess the feasibility of commercializing biofuel production from cellulose-based sources.
Nearly 90 percent of Weyerhaeuser’s North American products come from sources meeting third-party certified sustainable wood procurement or forest management standards.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along