Restaurant Launches ‘Close to Home’ Menu
Neal Fraser, chef of Los Angeles restaurant Grace, has launched a “Close to Home” menu with 90 percent of ingredients sourced within 400 miles, Reuters reports.
Fraser says it was not easy locating the local, organic and artisanal goods to meet his standards and that of his Hollywood clientele, but now that he has gone out and seen what is on offer closer to home, Fraser is convinced a 100-mile menu is just around the corner.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend