Sharp, PG&E Install Solar Power System At AT&T Park
In advance of the All-Star Game, a Sharp solar electricity system was unveiled at the San Francisco Giants’ AT&T Park. 590 solar panels from Sharp Electronics Corporation were used for the solar electricity system, which, according to Sharp, is the first to be installed in a Major League Baseball stadium. The solar initiative is part of the team’s overarching goals of energy efficiency and conservation, and part of Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s commitment to exploring innovative solutions to increase the amount of renewable energy that it brings to the communities it serves.
Back in March, a consumer advocate group said that Pacific Gas & Electric’s plan to install the solar panels at AT&T Park was little more than a publicity stunt and that PG&E shareholders, not ratepayers, should foot the bill.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016