HP Hits 1B Pound Recycling Goal Sooner Than Planned
Hewlett-Packard has met its goal of recycling 1 billion pounds of electronics six months early, prompting the company to announce a new goal of recycling 2 billion pounds of electronics and print cartridges by the end of 2010. If successful, that would double HP’s current annual recovery rate.
The company set its initial goal in 2004 after it had reached the half billion pound mark.
Hp says that in 2006, it recovered 187 million pounds of electronics globally, 73 percent more than IBM, its closest competitor.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales