HP Hits 1B Pound Recycling Goal Sooner Than Planned
Hewlett-Packard has met its goal of recycling 1 billion pounds of electronics six months early, prompting the company to announce a new goal of recycling 2 billion pounds of electronics and print cartridges by the end of 2010. If successful, that would double HP’s current annual recovery rate.
The company set its initial goal in 2004 after it had reached the half billion pound mark.
Hp says that in 2006, it recovered 187 million pounds of electronics globally, 73 percent more than IBM, its closest competitor.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners