Stop & Shop Makes First REC Buy
Stop & Shop Supermarket, which runs 389 stores in the Northeast, is offsetting 100% of its electricity use at a new store in Kennebunk, Maine. Sterling Planet will annually supply 2,700,000 kilowatt hours of renewable energy certificates.
“Our Kennebunk store was designed to be energy efficient,” said Steve Krupski, senior vice president for construction at Stop & Shop. “We’re committed to investments which permit us to be community minded and help to control our bottom line in today’s world of high energy costs,” Krupski concluded.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED