Stop & Shop Makes First REC Buy
Stop & Shop Supermarket, which runs 389 stores in the Northeast, is offsetting 100% of its electricity use at a new store in Kennebunk, Maine. Sterling Planet will annually supply 2,700,000 kilowatt hours of renewable energy certificates.
“Our Kennebunk store was designed to be energy efficient,” said Steve Krupski, senior vice president for construction at Stop & Shop. “We’re committed to investments which permit us to be community minded and help to control our bottom line in today’s world of high energy costs,” Krupski concluded.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend