Stop & Shop Makes First REC Buy
Stop & Shop Supermarket, which runs 389 stores in the Northeast, is offsetting 100% of its electricity use at a new store in Kennebunk, Maine. Sterling Planet will annually supply 2,700,000 kilowatt hours of renewable energy certificates.
“Our Kennebunk store was designed to be energy efficient,” said Steve Krupski, senior vice president for construction at Stop & Shop. “We’re committed to investments which permit us to be community minded and help to control our bottom line in today’s world of high energy costs,” Krupski concluded.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments