Stop & Shop Makes First REC Buy
Stop & Shop Supermarket, which runs 389 stores in the Northeast, is offsetting 100% of its electricity use at a new store in Kennebunk, Maine. Sterling Planet will annually supply 2,700,000 kilowatt hours of renewable energy certificates.
“Our Kennebunk store was designed to be energy efficient,” said Steve Krupski, senior vice president for construction at Stop & Shop. “We’re committed to investments which permit us to be community minded and help to control our bottom line in today’s world of high energy costs,” Krupski concluded.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners