Stop & Shop Makes First REC Buy
Stop & Shop Supermarket, which runs 389 stores in the Northeast, is offsetting 100% of its electricity use at a new store in Kennebunk, Maine. Sterling Planet will annually supply 2,700,000 kilowatt hours of renewable energy certificates.
“Our Kennebunk store was designed to be energy efficient,” said Steve Krupski, senior vice president for construction at Stop & Shop. “We’re committed to investments which permit us to be community minded and help to control our bottom line in today’s world of high energy costs,” Krupski concluded.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation