Company Buys Carbon Credits To Destroy Them
The aim is to raise the price of carbon credits by taking some off the market, making them scarce and thus forcing businesses to buy fewer credits because they will be more expensive, and in turn forcing them to emit less carbon.
Jeremy Walters, marketing director at GoCarbonFree, admits that his company’s contribution to raising the price of carbon is a drop in the ocean at this stage.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management