Company Buys Carbon Credits To Destroy Them
The aim is to raise the price of carbon credits by taking some off the market, making them scarce and thus forcing businesses to buy fewer credits because they will be more expensive, and in turn forcing them to emit less carbon.
Jeremy Walters, marketing director at GoCarbonFree, admits that his company’s contribution to raising the price of carbon is a drop in the ocean at this stage.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables