Company Buys Carbon Credits To Destroy Them
The aim is to raise the price of carbon credits by taking some off the market, making them scarce and thus forcing businesses to buy fewer credits because they will be more expensive, and in turn forcing them to emit less carbon.
Jeremy Walters, marketing director at GoCarbonFree, admits that his company’s contribution to raising the price of carbon is a drop in the ocean at this stage.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform