Company Buys Carbon Credits To Destroy Them
The aim is to raise the price of carbon credits by taking some off the market, making them scarce and thus forcing businesses to buy fewer credits because they will be more expensive, and in turn forcing them to emit less carbon.
Jeremy Walters, marketing director at GoCarbonFree, admits that his company’s contribution to raising the price of carbon is a drop in the ocean at this stage.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016