Company Buys Carbon Credits To Destroy Them
The aim is to raise the price of carbon credits by taking some off the market, making them scarce and thus forcing businesses to buy fewer credits because they will be more expensive, and in turn forcing them to emit less carbon.
Jeremy Walters, marketing director at GoCarbonFree, admits that his company’s contribution to raising the price of carbon is a drop in the ocean at this stage.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike