Ford to Use Soy Foam In 2008 Mustang
Ford says that the environmental advantages of soy-foam include: a reduction of carbon dioxide emissions when compared to current petroleum-based material, lower energy required to produce the material, and up to 24 percent renewable content.
In 2004, Ford and Lear formed a partnership to commercialize soy-foam applications, with initial work concentrating on the molding of headrest and armrest components.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms