Ford to Use Soy Foam In 2008 Mustang
Ford says that the environmental advantages of soy-foam include: a reduction of carbon dioxide emissions when compared to current petroleum-based material, lower energy required to produce the material, and up to 24 percent renewable content.
In 2004, Ford and Lear formed a partnership to commercialize soy-foam applications, with initial work concentrating on the molding of headrest and armrest components.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts