Ford to Use Soy Foam In 2008 Mustang
Ford says that the environmental advantages of soy-foam include: a reduction of carbon dioxide emissions when compared to current petroleum-based material, lower energy required to produce the material, and up to 24 percent renewable content.
In 2004, Ford and Lear formed a partnership to commercialize soy-foam applications, with initial work concentrating on the molding of headrest and armrest components.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Drought Roils California Energy Landscape
- GRESB Report Shows Progress in Real Estate Energy Practices
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005