Gore Solicits User-Generated Ads for Climate Change
Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection sent out solicitations to a number of agencies, seeking submissions of 15- to 60-second ads containing a call to action. It’s also open to amateurs and anyone else looking to enter the contest.
The competition is an extension of the recently-held Live Earth series of concerts, part of Gore’s long-running goal of raising environmental issues. A group of scientists, activists and actors such as George Clooney will judge the submission, due September 12th. More than one submission may be selected, with the creator of the best spot getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV.
The selected spots will likely get heavy play – not only on TV, but online as well.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working