Gore Solicits User-Generated Ads for Climate Change
Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection sent out solicitations to a number of agencies, seeking submissions of 15- to 60-second ads containing a call to action. It’s also open to amateurs and anyone else looking to enter the contest.
The competition is an extension of the recently-held Live Earth series of concerts, part of Gore’s long-running goal of raising environmental issues. A group of scientists, activists and actors such as George Clooney will judge the submission, due September 12th. More than one submission may be selected, with the creator of the best spot getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV.
The selected spots will likely get heavy play – not only on TV, but online as well.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls