Gore Solicits User-Generated Ads for Climate Change
Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection sent out solicitations to a number of agencies, seeking submissions of 15- to 60-second ads containing a call to action. It’s also open to amateurs and anyone else looking to enter the contest.
The competition is an extension of the recently-held Live Earth series of concerts, part of Gore’s long-running goal of raising environmental issues. A group of scientists, activists and actors such as George Clooney will judge the submission, due September 12th. More than one submission may be selected, with the creator of the best spot getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV.
The selected spots will likely get heavy play – not only on TV, but online as well.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices