Gore Solicits User-Generated Ads for Climate Change
Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection sent out solicitations to a number of agencies, seeking submissions of 15- to 60-second ads containing a call to action. It’s also open to amateurs and anyone else looking to enter the contest.
The competition is an extension of the recently-held Live Earth series of concerts, part of Gore’s long-running goal of raising environmental issues. A group of scientists, activists and actors such as George Clooney will judge the submission, due September 12th. More than one submission may be selected, with the creator of the best spot getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV.
The selected spots will likely get heavy play – not only on TV, but online as well.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years