Gore Solicits User-Generated Ads for Climate Change
Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection sent out solicitations to a number of agencies, seeking submissions of 15- to 60-second ads containing a call to action. It’s also open to amateurs and anyone else looking to enter the contest.
The competition is an extension of the recently-held Live Earth series of concerts, part of Gore’s long-running goal of raising environmental issues. A group of scientists, activists and actors such as George Clooney will judge the submission, due September 12th. More than one submission may be selected, with the creator of the best spot getting a Toyota Highlander hybrid SUV.
The selected spots will likely get heavy play – not only on TV, but online as well.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid