SC Johnson Covers CSR In 2007 Public Report
SC Johnson has issued its 2007 Public Report with information on SC Johnson’s environmental and community activities.
Here are a few highlights:
According to the report, the company has increased the percentage of its raw materials that are “best” rated, through use of its patented Greenlist&trade process, by 400 percent.
The company has set a new goal of a 12 percent absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from its manufacturing operations.
The company is using green-e certified energy at its largest global manufacturing facility.
The report includes Q&As with experts from Yale, WRI and more, on topics from green chemistry, to climate change, to base of the pyramid sustainable development.
Earlier this month, SC Johnson introduced a new section on its corporate website devoted exclusively to the company’s sustainability initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing