Auto Alliance Ads Ask For Teamwork In Fight Over Standards
After aggressive ads earlier this summer that urged consumers to contact lawmakers and lobby against the Senate energy bill – that ultimately passed – Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers has launched a $1 million print and radio ad campaign this week that strikes a far different tone, the Detroit News reports.
“We don’t have all the answers to questions about reasonable fuel economy standards. No one does. Together, we can find the answers America deserves,” the campaign says.
The automakers are lobbying the House, which would take up fuel economy this summer or in the fall.
The ad campaign targets policymakers in Washington and will be run in print and on Web sites for Capitol Hill publications including Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, the Weekly Standard, and The New Republic.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind