Auto Alliance Ads Ask For Teamwork In Fight Over Standards
After aggressive ads earlier this summer that urged consumers to contact lawmakers and lobby against the Senate energy bill – that ultimately passed – Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers has launched a $1 million print and radio ad campaign this week that strikes a far different tone, the Detroit News reports.
“We don’t have all the answers to questions about reasonable fuel economy standards. No one does. Together, we can find the answers America deserves,” the campaign says.
The automakers are lobbying the House, which would take up fuel economy this summer or in the fall.
The ad campaign targets policymakers in Washington and will be run in print and on Web sites for Capitol Hill publications including Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, the Weekly Standard, and The New Republic.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool