Auto Alliance Ads Ask For Teamwork In Fight Over Standards
After aggressive ads earlier this summer that urged consumers to contact lawmakers and lobby against the Senate energy bill – that ultimately passed – Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers has launched a $1 million print and radio ad campaign this week that strikes a far different tone, the Detroit News reports.
“We don’t have all the answers to questions about reasonable fuel economy standards. No one does. Together, we can find the answers America deserves,” the campaign says.
The automakers are lobbying the House, which would take up fuel economy this summer or in the fall.
The ad campaign targets policymakers in Washington and will be run in print and on Web sites for Capitol Hill publications including Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, the Weekly Standard, and The New Republic.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council