Auto Alliance Ads Ask For Teamwork In Fight Over Standards
After aggressive ads earlier this summer that urged consumers to contact lawmakers and lobby against the Senate energy bill – that ultimately passed – Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers has launched a $1 million print and radio ad campaign this week that strikes a far different tone, the Detroit News reports.
“We don’t have all the answers to questions about reasonable fuel economy standards. No one does. Together, we can find the answers America deserves,” the campaign says.
The automakers are lobbying the House, which would take up fuel economy this summer or in the fall.
The ad campaign targets policymakers in Washington and will be run in print and on Web sites for Capitol Hill publications including Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, the Weekly Standard, and The New Republic.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables