Auto Alliance Ads Ask For Teamwork In Fight Over Standards
After aggressive ads earlier this summer that urged consumers to contact lawmakers and lobby against the Senate energy bill – that ultimately passed – Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers has launched a $1 million print and radio ad campaign this week that strikes a far different tone, the Detroit News reports.
“We don’t have all the answers to questions about reasonable fuel economy standards. No one does. Together, we can find the answers America deserves,” the campaign says.
The automakers are lobbying the House, which would take up fuel economy this summer or in the fall.
The ad campaign targets policymakers in Washington and will be run in print and on Web sites for Capitol Hill publications including Roll Call, The Hill, National Journal, the Weekly Standard, and The New Republic.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend