Pacific Hydro Will Sell Carbon Credits From Chile Hydropower Project
Pacific Hydro, an Australian-based renewable energy producer, plans to start selling (PDF) carbon credits from a hydropower project in Chile to buyers in the European Union, The International Herald Tribune reports.
Pacific Hydro, which is owned by the pension funds manager Industry Funds Management, and a partner registered the 155-megawatt La Higuera project with a Dutch authority, allowing the sale of credits in the EU once production starts by the end of 2008.
The project is expected to generate about 430,000 carbon credits each year for sale.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works