Pacific Hydro Will Sell Carbon Credits From Chile Hydropower Project
Pacific Hydro, an Australian-based renewable energy producer, plans to start selling (PDF) carbon credits from a hydropower project in Chile to buyers in the European Union, The International Herald Tribune reports.
Pacific Hydro, which is owned by the pension funds manager Industry Funds Management, and a partner registered the 155-megawatt La Higuera project with a Dutch authority, allowing the sale of credits in the EU once production starts by the end of 2008.
The project is expected to generate about 430,000 carbon credits each year for sale.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant