American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Campaign
In the past six months, the airline says that both corporate accounts and individual customers increasingly are asking the airline for information about its environmental policies. In about 30 days the airline plans to roll out a broad marketing strategy to address environmental questions. No other details are given in the article.
American’s environmental program to date has mainly been under the heading of Fuel Smart, a program to cut costs by saving fuel. Fuel Smart, which now saves American Airlines 60 million to 70 million gallons of fuel a year, includes a variety of initiatives, such as shutting off one engine when taxiing to an airport gate, or removing heavy food service galleys from aircraft.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Leased Spaces
- NorthStar ACE Protects Telecom Backups
- Georgia Marine Base Will Be Net Zero
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit