American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Campaign
In the past six months, the airline says that both corporate accounts and individual customers increasingly are asking the airline for information about its environmental policies. In about 30 days the airline plans to roll out a broad marketing strategy to address environmental questions. No other details are given in the article.
American’s environmental program to date has mainly been under the heading of Fuel Smart, a program to cut costs by saving fuel. Fuel Smart, which now saves American Airlines 60 million to 70 million gallons of fuel a year, includes a variety of initiatives, such as shutting off one engine when taxiing to an airport gate, or removing heavy food service galleys from aircraft.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal