American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Campaign
In the past six months, the airline says that both corporate accounts and individual customers increasingly are asking the airline for information about its environmental policies. In about 30 days the airline plans to roll out a broad marketing strategy to address environmental questions. No other details are given in the article.
American’s environmental program to date has mainly been under the heading of Fuel Smart, a program to cut costs by saving fuel. Fuel Smart, which now saves American Airlines 60 million to 70 million gallons of fuel a year, includes a variety of initiatives, such as shutting off one engine when taxiing to an airport gate, or removing heavy food service galleys from aircraft.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls