American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Campaign
In the past six months, the airline says that both corporate accounts and individual customers increasingly are asking the airline for information about its environmental policies. In about 30 days the airline plans to roll out a broad marketing strategy to address environmental questions. No other details are given in the article.
American’s environmental program to date has mainly been under the heading of Fuel Smart, a program to cut costs by saving fuel. Fuel Smart, which now saves American Airlines 60 million to 70 million gallons of fuel a year, includes a variety of initiatives, such as shutting off one engine when taxiing to an airport gate, or removing heavy food service galleys from aircraft.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant