American Airlines Plans Green Marketing Campaign
In the past six months, the airline says that both corporate accounts and individual customers increasingly are asking the airline for information about its environmental policies. In about 30 days the airline plans to roll out a broad marketing strategy to address environmental questions. No other details¬†are given in the article.
American’s environmental program to date has mainly been under the heading of Fuel Smart,¬†a program to cut costs by saving fuel. Fuel Smart, which now saves American Airlines 60 million to 70 million gallons of fuel a year, includes a variety of initiatives, such as shutting off one engine when taxiing to an airport gate, or removing heavy food service galleys from aircraft.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System