Xerox Joins USCAP
Xerox Corporation has joined the United States Climate Action Partnership, an alliance of business and environmental leaders working together to protect the climate and spur legislation and regulation aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
“Protecting the environment and implementing sustainable business practices have been priorities at Xerox for decades,” said Ursula M. Burns, Xerox president. “It makes sense for us to be the first high-tech company to join USCAP, where we can help set goals, priorities and policies that align industries and the government.”
In 2005, Xerox pledged to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its operations company wide by 10 percent by 2012.
“If we are going to make a real difference, organizations from all industries and of all sizes must work together to set the bar higher. When it comes to the societal, economic and environmental impact of sustainable business practices, there is always more to do,” said Patricia Calkins, vice president, Environment, Health and Safety for Xerox.
USCAP’s founding members include Alcoa, BP America, Caterpillar, Duke Energy, DuPont, FPL Group, Inc., General Electric, PG&E, and PNM Resources, along with four leading non-governmental organizations – Environmental Defense, Natural Resources Defense Council, Pew Center on Global Climate Change and World Resources Institute.
The organization has announced numerous new members recently.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments