Anheuser Buys Stake In Icelandic ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled-Water
Anheuser-Busch has taken a 20 percent equity stake in the environmentally conscious maker of Icelandic Glacial spring water and plans to sell the water nationwide in 2008, Reuters reports. The brand is already sold in some outlets of Target, Whole Foods, and Wild Oats Markets.
The move comes at a time when when the bottled water industry is coming under pressure from critics who say it depletes natural water sources, adds plastic to landfills and uses too much energy by producing and shipping bottles across the world. Check out this recent Fast Company article on the industry.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant