Anheuser Buys Stake In Icelandic ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled-Water
Anheuser-Busch has taken a 20 percent equity stake in the environmentally conscious maker of Icelandic Glacial spring water and plans to sell the water nationwide in 2008, Reuters reports. The brand is already sold in some outlets of Target, Whole Foods, and Wild Oats Markets.
The move comes at a time when when the bottled water industry is coming under pressure from critics who say it depletes natural water sources, adds plastic to landfills and uses too much energy by producing and shipping bottles across the world. Check out this recent Fast Company article on the industry.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M