Anheuser Buys Stake In Icelandic ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled-Water
Anheuser-Busch has taken a 20 percent equity stake in the environmentally conscious maker of Icelandic Glacial spring water and plans to sell the water nationwide in 2008, Reuters reports. The brand is already sold in some outlets of Target, Whole Foods, and Wild Oats Markets.
The move comes at a time when when the bottled water industry is coming under pressure from critics who say it depletes natural water sources, adds plastic to landfills and uses too much energy by producing and shipping bottles across the world. Check out this recent Fast Company article on the industry.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned