Anheuser Buys Stake In Icelandic ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled-Water
Anheuser-Busch has taken a 20 percent equity stake in the environmentally conscious maker of Icelandic Glacial spring water and plans to sell the water nationwide in 2008, Reuters reports. The brand is already sold in some outlets of Target, Whole Foods, and Wild Oats Markets.
The move comes at a time when when the bottled water industry is coming under pressure from critics who say it depletes natural water sources, adds plastic to landfills and uses too much energy by producing and shipping bottles across the world. Check out this recent Fast Company article on the industry.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves