Aliant Releases Sustainability Report
Canadian communications provider Aliant has released its 2006 sustainability report for Atlantic Canada.
According to the report, in 2006 :
- Nearly 46,000 customers and employees switched to paperless billing by the end of 2006 resulting in savings of more than 4 million sheets of paper or 492 mature trees.
- By using tele-conferencing services in 2006, rather than travel, employees and customers saved 118,272 tonnes of CO2e emissions.
- Twenty-nine percent of fuel storage tanks (119 in total) were upgraded to reduce risk to the environment.
- Six hundred tonnes of office waste was recycled.
- A program unique to remote radio stations in Labrador was expanded, producing additional clean energy through solar and wind power and minimizing the use of diesel generators. More than 380 tonnes of CO2e emissions were saved.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market