Aliant Releases Sustainability Report
Canadian communications provider Aliant has released its 2006 sustainability report for Atlantic Canada.
According to the report, in 2006 :
- Nearly 46,000 customers and employees switched to paperless billing by the end of 2006 resulting in savings of more than 4 million sheets of paper or 492 mature trees.
- By using tele-conferencing services in 2006, rather than travel, employees and customers saved 118,272 tonnes of CO2e emissions.
- Twenty-nine percent of fuel storage tanks (119 in total) were upgraded to reduce risk to the environment.
- Six hundred tonnes of office waste was recycled.
- A program unique to remote radio stations in Labrador was expanded, producing additional clean energy through solar and wind power and minimizing the use of diesel generators. More than 380 tonnes of CO2e emissions were saved.
Energy Manager News
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power