GSA Adds Saturn Hybrids To Fleet
The U.S. General Services Administration has purchased 55 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrid sedans to bolster its inventory of fuel-efficient vehicles.
GSA will lease 43 of the hybrids to the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy, and to the Departments of Transportation, Interior, Energy and Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency and National Space and Aeronautics Administration. The other 12 will remain in the GSA fleet, for agency use and to use as demonstration models during sales presentations to federal customers.
In addition to purchasing the Saturns, GSA also purchased more than 24,000 alternative fuel vehicles for federal customers this year.
Recent government directives require the federal community to save energy by buying fuel-efficient vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED