GSA Adds Saturn Hybrids To Fleet
The U.S. General Services Administration has purchased 55 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrid sedans to bolster its inventory of fuel-efficient vehicles.
GSA will lease 43 of the hybrids to the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy, and to the Departments of Transportation, Interior, Energy and Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency and National Space and Aeronautics Administration. The other 12 will remain in the GSA fleet, for agency use and to use as demonstration models during sales presentations to federal customers.
In addition to purchasing the Saturns, GSA also purchased more than 24,000 alternative fuel vehicles for federal customers this year.
Recent government directives require the federal community to save energy by buying fuel-efficient vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant