GSA Adds Saturn Hybrids To Fleet
The U.S. General Services Administration has purchased 55 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrid sedans to bolster its inventory of fuel-efficient vehicles.
GSA will lease 43 of the hybrids to the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps and Navy, and to the Departments of Transportation, Interior, Energy and Commerce, the Environmental Protection Agency and National Space and Aeronautics Administration. The other 12 will remain in the GSA fleet, for agency use and to use as demonstration models during sales presentations to federal customers.
In addition to purchasing the Saturns, GSA also purchased more than 24,000 alternative fuel vehicles for federal customers this year.
Recent government directives require the federal community to save energy by buying fuel-efficient vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion