Ad Agencies Interested In Carbon Neutral Ad Space
Interactive agencies and publishers might be considering ways to promote ad space as carbon neutral, Internet News reports.
The Institute for Sustainable Communications wants to work with groups like The Green Grid and receive funding from ad agencies and other groups to quantify just what computing resources are used to generate ads, content and e-mail.
According to the article, ISC has received calls from four different interactive agencies who want to be able to calculate the carbon footprint of ads.
The idea is that ad agencies and publishers would see value in promoting themselves as certifiably carbon neutral through some kind of offset program they pay into.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency