Method Launches Green Cleaning Campaign, Industry Gains Momentum
Method Products has launched an advertising campaign called Detox Your Home that showcases the company’s biodegradable cleaning products, The New York Times reports. The campaign includes print ads, online banners and a search-engine marketing component.
“With all the green and health messages out there, we wanted to be clear about how to have a healthier home. The first thing to do is, get rid of those chemicals,” says Francesca Schuler, Method’s vice president for marketing.
Last year, Method Products had sales of $85 million, according to the article, posting a 140 percent increase in sales in 2006. It’s estimated that the green category of the household cleaning products industry represents $300 million in sales, or two percent of the total market.
In January, Clorox plans to introduce a line of eco-friendly products to be sold alongside its existing bleaches and cleansers. Clorox expects the Green Works line to cost about 20 percent to 25 percent more than its current products.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned