Method Launches Green Cleaning Campaign, Industry Gains Momentum
Method Products has launched an advertising campaign called Detox Your Home that showcases the company’s biodegradable cleaning products, The New York Times reports. The campaign includes print ads, online banners and a search-engine marketing component.
“With all the green and health messages out there, we wanted to be clear about how to have a healthier home. The first thing to do is, get rid of those chemicals,” says Francesca Schuler, Method’s vice president for marketing.
Last year, Method Products had sales of $85 million, according to the article, posting a 140 percent increase in sales in 2006. It’s estimated that the green category of the household cleaning products industry represents $300 million in sales, or two percent of the total market.
In January, Clorox plans to introduce a line of eco-friendly products to be sold alongside its existing bleaches and cleansers. Clorox expects the Green Works line to cost about 20 percent to 25 percent more than its current products.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike