Unilever, Alcoa, HP Top Ethical Reputation Ranking
Covalence has published its quarterly ethical reputation ranking (PDF), highlighting the best ranked companies as well as those companies which have made the most progress in the second quarter of 2007.
Unilever took the top spot by having the best ethical quote score. Alcoa and Hewlett-Packard rounded out the top three.
The main results across sectors are:
- Dell and Marks & Spencer enter top 10 best Ethicalquote score,
- Marks & Spencer, HSBC and Hewlett-Packard register best progress, and
- Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola Company and Hewlett-Packard show best Reported Performance.
Best EthicalQuote Score and Best EthicalQuote Progress are given by looking at positive and negative news. Best Reported Performance is calculated by quantifying positive news only -? it shows how companies report on their ethical performance without considering criticizms and demands. Some companies being highly targeted by activists have a low EthicalQuote Score while at the same time ranking high in terms of Reported Performance.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned