Unilever, Alcoa, HP Top Ethical Reputation Ranking
Covalence has published its quarterly ethical reputation ranking (PDF), highlighting the best ranked companies as well as those companies which have made the most progress in the second quarter of 2007.
Unilever took the top spot by having the best ethical quote score. Alcoa and Hewlett-Packard rounded out the top three.
The main results across sectors are:
- Dell and Marks & Spencer enter top 10 best Ethicalquote score,
- Marks & Spencer, HSBC and Hewlett-Packard register best progress, and
- Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola Company and Hewlett-Packard show best Reported Performance.
Best EthicalQuote Score and Best EthicalQuote Progress are given by looking at positive and negative news. Best Reported Performance is calculated by quantifying positive news only -? it shows how companies report on their ethical performance without considering criticizms and demands. Some companies being highly targeted by activists have a low EthicalQuote Score while at the same time ranking high in terms of Reported Performance.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE