Unilever, Alcoa, HP Top Ethical Reputation Ranking
Covalence has published its quarterly ethical reputation ranking (PDF), highlighting the best ranked companies as well as those companies which have made the most progress in the second quarter of 2007.
Unilever took the top spot by having the best ethical quote score. Alcoa and Hewlett-Packard rounded out the top three.
The main results across sectors are:
- Dell and Marks & Spencer enter top 10 best Ethicalquote score,
- Marks & Spencer, HSBC and Hewlett-Packard register best progress, and
- Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola Company and Hewlett-Packard show best Reported Performance.
Best EthicalQuote Score and Best EthicalQuote Progress are given by looking at positive and negative news. Best Reported Performance is calculated by quantifying positive news only -? it shows how companies report on their ethical performance without considering criticizms and demands. Some companies being highly targeted by activists have a low EthicalQuote Score while at the same time ranking high in terms of Reported Performance.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters