Discovery Acquires TreeHugger
Discovery Communications has acquired eco-lifestyle website TreeHugger.com. TreeHugger will become part of Discovery’s Planet Green, the 24/7 eco-lifestyle TV network which plans to launch next year in 50 million homes.
In acquiring TreeHugger.com, Discovery is pursuing its multiplatform strategy of being a leading green content provider. TreeHugger gets 1.4 million unique monthly visitors, and has served over 50 million pages. Discoverey, according to TreeHugger, has 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers around the world.
Discovery has already begun its push to engage affiliates, sponsors and consumers with eco-friendly initiatives.
“Discovery Communications, with its global reach and high level of commitment to Planet Green, is launching the most significant effort in green media to date — and we’re excited to be part of it,” said Graham Hill, Founder of TreeHugger.com. “Discovery’s worldwide presence via TV networks, websites and mobile services opens the way for us to reach a larger audience as we work to bring about major changes in the health of our planet. This new partnership with the world’s most trusted brand means we can better fulfill TreeHugger.com’s mission, while remaining true to our vision.”
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike