Discovery Acquires TreeHugger
Discovery Communications has acquired eco-lifestyle website TreeHugger.com. TreeHugger will become part of Discovery’s Planet Green, the 24/7 eco-lifestyle TV network which plans to launch next year in 50 million homes.
In acquiring TreeHugger.com, Discovery is pursuing its multiplatform strategy of being a leading green content provider. TreeHugger gets 1.4 million unique monthly visitors, and has served over 50 million pages. Discoverey, according to TreeHugger, has 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers around the world.
Discovery has already begun its push to engage affiliates, sponsors and consumers with eco-friendly initiatives.
“Discovery Communications, with its global reach and high level of commitment to Planet Green, is launching the most significant effort in green media to date — and we’re excited to be part of it,” said Graham Hill, Founder of TreeHugger.com. “Discovery’s worldwide presence via TV networks, websites and mobile services opens the way for us to reach a larger audience as we work to bring about major changes in the health of our planet. This new partnership with the world’s most trusted brand means we can better fulfill TreeHugger.com’s mission, while remaining true to our vision.”
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look