Saab Accused Of Greenwashing
Australia’s NSW Greens have complained to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, accusing Saab of making deceptive claims about its cars’ greenhouse gas emissions and carbon neutrality by promoting the idea that Saab owners can drive with a “green conscience” regardless of their car’s fuel efficiency or engine size, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
According to the article, Saab’s “Grrrrrreen” newspaper and internet campaign claims “every Saab is green” because, for each sale, the company will plant 17 trees on behalf of the customer to offset the emissions in the first year.
Saab is using Greenfleet to plant the trees. Greenfleet says that the trees would be planted about a year after it received payment from Saab.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses