Wells Offers Electricity Price Hedging, Finances REC Purchases
Wells Fargo & Company will offer electricity price hedging to middle market companies to help them manage their power costs.
The hedging program – believed to be the first offered by a major U.S. bank to middle market companies – can benefit companies spending at least $1 million annually on electricity and also help them purchase environmental management products, including renewable energy credits, to reduce their carbon footprint and offset greenhouse gas emissions, according to Wells.
As part of the program’s offerings, companies looking for ways to go “green” can purchase renewable energy credits, with financing from Wells Fargo.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics