Wells Offers Electricity Price Hedging, Finances REC Purchases
Wells Fargo & Company will offer electricity price hedging to middle market companies to help them manage their power costs.
The hedging program – believed to be the first offered by a major U.S. bank to middle market companies – can benefit companies spending at least $1 million annually on electricity and also help them purchase environmental management products, including renewable energy credits, to reduce their carbon footprint and offset greenhouse gas emissions, according to Wells.
As part of the program’s offerings, companies looking for ways to go “green” can purchase renewable energy credits, with financing from Wells Fargo.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report