Baxter Releases 2006 Sustainability Report
Baxter says it has made its corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, a carbon-neutral facility, offsetting 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity and natural gas at the campus with renewable energy.
It also says it has cut water use nine percent and reduced energy use and GHG emissions per unit of sale by five percent. You can see details of energy use and GHG emissions here (PDF).
The company has also received a “Green-e” label -? the first in the medical industry, according to Baxter -? for its new AVIVA intravenous solution container. Baxter purchased renewable energy certificates to offset 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the electricity to manufacture AVIVA.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform