Baxter Releases 2006 Sustainability Report
Baxter says it has made its corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, a carbon-neutral facility, offsetting 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity and natural gas at the campus with renewable energy.
It also says it has cut water use nine percent and reduced energy use and GHG emissions per unit of sale by five percent. You can see details of energy use and GHG emissions here (PDF).
The company has also received a “Green-e” label -? the first in the medical industry, according to Baxter -? for its new AVIVA intravenous solution container. Baxter purchased renewable energy certificates to offset 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the electricity to manufacture AVIVA.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland