Baxter Releases 2006 Sustainability Report
Baxter says it has made its corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, a carbon-neutral facility, offsetting 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity and natural gas at the campus with renewable energy.
It also says it has cut water use nine percent and reduced energy use and GHG emissions per unit of sale by five percent. You can see details of energy use and GHG emissions here (PDF).
The company has also received a “Green-e” label -? the first in the medical industry, according to Baxter -? for its new AVIVA intravenous solution container. Baxter purchased renewable energy certificates to offset 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the electricity to manufacture AVIVA.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store