Baxter Releases 2006 Sustainability Report
Baxter says it has made its corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, a carbon-neutral facility, offsetting 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity and natural gas at the campus with renewable energy.
It also says it has cut water use nine percent and reduced energy use and GHG emissions per unit of sale by five percent. You can see details of energy use and GHG emissions here (PDF).
The company has also received a “Green-e” label -? the first in the medical industry, according to Baxter -? for its new AVIVA intravenous solution container. Baxter purchased renewable energy certificates to offset 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the electricity to manufacture AVIVA.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms