Baxter Releases 2006 Sustainability Report
Baxter says it has made its corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, a carbon-neutral facility, offsetting 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with electricity and natural gas at the campus with renewable energy.
It also says it has cut water use nine percent and reduced energy use and GHG emissions per unit of sale by five percent. You can see details of energy use and GHG emissions here (PDF).
The company has also received a “Green-e” label -? the first in the medical industry, according to Baxter -? for its new AVIVA intravenous solution container. Baxter purchased renewable energy certificates to offset 100 percent of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the electricity to manufacture AVIVA.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’