EDS Hopes To Cut Emissions 25% With Video Conferencing
Global technology services company EDS is working with Verizon Video Conferencing in an attempt to reduce its carbon emissions in Australia and New Zealand 25 percent by 2010. EDS has deployed Verizon Video Conferencing over Verizon Private IP to connect 10 of its sites across Australia and New Zealand. EDS hopes to improve collaboration across its operations and reduce employee air travel by nearly a third.
Verizon provides EDS with dedicated video conferencing bandwidth, enabling a high-quality, secure and reliable meeting experience, which in turn promotes internal use. EDS also uses Verizon Audio Conferencing, giving the company access to a range of meeting technologies as an alternative to in-person meetings.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market