Energy Consultants In High Demand
Energy consultants are reporting exponential growth in the number of clients seeking advice on saving energy and money, Reuters reports.
Since Steven Winters, founder of Steven Winters Associates, a building services firm, started his business 35 years ago, clients seeking “green” building services – everything from faucet aeration to daylight harvesting – has grown 6,800 percent, said Winters in The Times article. In the last five years, the number of clients seeking those services has doubled.
Cecily Chanell, a senior sustainability consultant at Steven Winters, said on average the firm can help clients cut about 30 percent of their energy use.
Ultimately, although some businesses are interested in seeing how they measure up as a global citizen in terms of their carbon footprint, going green often boils down to the bottom line.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland