Energy Consultants In High Demand
Energy consultants are reporting exponential growth in the number of clients seeking advice on saving energy and money, Reuters reports.
Since Steven Winters, founder of Steven Winters Associates, a building services firm, started his business 35 years ago, clients seeking “green” building services – everything from faucet aeration to daylight harvesting – has grown 6,800 percent, said Winters in The Times article. In the last five years, the number of clients seeking those services has doubled.
Cecily Chanell, a senior sustainability consultant at Steven Winters, said on average the firm can help clients cut about 30 percent of their energy use.
Ultimately, although some businesses are interested in seeing how they measure up as a global citizen in terms of their carbon footprint, going green often boils down to the bottom line.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation